SCCD 31122 The Touch Of Your Lips / Chet Baker Trio
When this recording came out as LP on the market in 1979 after a lengthy pause, Jazz Time’s reviewer started his article by saying “ Whoof! The killer is back ….” And indeed this cool killer was back on the scene to stay, though for a while until his tragic death in Holland, and made a number of wonderful recordings for SteepleChase.
The first of the four releases with the same “drumless” group is a studio recording (three others are live from Montmartre) and “ this subtle woodhued record shows that Baker at his best can still knock you dead …” (Jazz Time).
1. I waited for you (Gil Fuller)
2. But not for me (George Gershwin)
3. Autumn in New York (Vernon Duke)
4. Blue room (Richard Rodgers)
5. The touch of your lips (Ray Noble)
6. Star eyes (DePaul/Raye)
7. Autumn in New York (Vernon Duke)